Logo for Kentucky Wildcats
Kentucky Wildcats

Posted By Wyatt Huff 3 years ago

Corey Evans believes Kentucky will get one of Skyy Clark and Hunter Sallis.

Corey Evans thinks Kentucky will land one, of Skyy Clark and Hunter Sallis, with UNC getting the one who doesn't come to Kentucky, he said on the Kentucky Daily Podcast. "As of today, I still think Kentucky is the team to beat. But no one has recruited Skyy Clark harder and more persistent than UNC. They have discussed an opening in the backcourt with Caleb Love leaving after a one-and-done season, that could be Skyy Clark’s spot. That’s nothing to slight Kentucky’s chances, the way Joel Justus has recruited Skyy, along with John Calipari. This is not a done deal for Kentucky, and many assumed it was as soon as a week ago. That’s not the case.” "There were some rumblings a while back that he was very, very close to committing. Maybe it was a silent commit, maybe not, but thelre was talk about him being willing to say yes to John Calipari and Kentucky very, very soon, and that was a month ago. A month has now passed, I know Skyy has cut his list to eight, and then back up to ten. He has talked about committing sometime later this month, but as you guys know, whenever there’s a clear-cut favorite, and that commitment is not made immediately, it’s much easier to recruit against one particular school instead of ten or 12 others.” He believes Skyy will reclassify to 2021, and as you would expect, go the opposite way of Hunter. "I would be surprised if he does not. He has openly discussed not going 2021, but that kid does not need high school basketball for two more years. He is pound for pound in the conversation for best point guard in high school basketball. His maturity, talent, size, he could play in a Division I basketball game tomorrow,” Evans said of Clark. “Hunter Sallis has not moved as fast as I thought he would with a Kentucky offer, and I’m sure Kentucky fans feel the same way, but Hunter and his family have been adamant about seeing the process through. I just think in the end run, we’ll see Carolina get one or the other, and Kentucky get one or the other.” Anyway, I'm sticking with Kentucky right now for Skyy, although he probably appreciates UNC's persuit of recruiting him hard. Anyway, for us Kentucky fans, if you do want both (they're not in the same class), we've got to hope Skyy ends up not reclassifying. I love Skyy, I don't want to lose him.

To comment on Corey Evans believes Kentucky will get one of Skyy Clark and Hunter Sallis. you must Login. Not a member? Make your account now!

Latest Comments

No comments have been posted. Be the first!