Logo for Ole Miss Rebels
Ole Miss Rebels

Posted By Sunil 3 years ago

Live AMA with The Rebel Walk's Jake Evans! Refresh for Updates

Starting at 8pm EST/ 7pm CST today, Jake Evans, senior writer at The Rebel Walk, will be here to answer any questions about this week's season opener or anything Ole Miss related.

To comment on Live AMA with The Rebel Walk's Jake Evans! Refresh for Updates you must Login. Not a member? Make your account now!

Latest Comments

Mike
3 years ago

How many recruits are the rebels taking in the 2021 class?

RebelWalkJake
3 years ago

Rebs currently have 12 commits, giving them the 61st ranked class and 13th in the SEC. Ole Miss hasn't had much luck with in state recruits thus far either. Thankfully, MS isn't a hotbed this year like it has been in past years. With Kiffin, I expect the Rebels to sign more players from around the country, and less local guys than we're used to. Kiffin inherited some good talent, and had a brief minute to recruit on the 2020 cycle, but really and truly 2021 is his first full go. In that first full go, I expect Kiffin to land a few big fish. 23-25 signatures is my guess.

Jimmy
3 years ago

How do you think Luke Knox will play in this years defense? Do you think we may see the quarterbacks alternate series? Or even alternate each play? Who has more yards tomorrow - Ealy or snoop?

RebelWalkJake
3 years ago

I think Luke Knox has a great chance to be the same type of disruptive utility LB that he was last year, but with increased responsibility. He showed flashes of real playmaking ability for the defense, along with raw athleticism. The Rebs are deep at LB, which could make his snaps come infrequently, but I see him being a solid piece for the defense.

RebelWalkJake
3 years ago

Last year's QB carousel was a nightmare in my opinion. When Plumlee entered, a run was coming, when Corral was in, it was a pass. The whole stadium and everyone watching at home knew it. While both QB's are more than capable of playing, the difficulty is going to come in how to use the two, without broadcasting the playcall to everyone. The other reason I dislike the rotation is simply because it doesn't let either guy get in a rhythm throwing the ball, commanding the huddle, getting the playcall, etc. To me, it's counter-productive to rotate, unless you've got two or the same type of QB. I'm inclined to believe that a true "rotation" might be out of the question for Kiffin, but I certainly expect to see a lot of both guys tomorrow.

RebelWalkJake
3 years ago

I love my man Snoop, but unless he busts off a couple of long runs, I'm taking Ealy all day. Ealy should see the bulk of the carries, but Snoop is more than capable as we saw last year!

LeighLeighReb
3 years ago

Love the Knox boys!

DavidWalkerQB
3 years ago

What are your thoughts on the Ole Miss defensive line, what with the loss of Benito, Josiah, etc., and what are you hearing about KD Hill at nosetackle?

RebelWalkJake
3 years ago

The loss of Benito and Josiah is a tough blow for the Rebels D-line, however I'm not giving up on this year's unit. Tisdale and Ryder Anderson have showed promise as aggressive and athletic pass rushers. Combined with the depth we have at LB, I'm not as worried about the front 7 as many might be. As far as KD Hill, he's been here two years, and word on the street is that he was essentially a 2-year project for the Rebs. With Benito and Josiah up front, the Rebs took their time developing Hill into an SEC lineman. He saw time in 11 games last season, and although he doesn't have flashy stats to show for it, I think he can be the roadblock in the middle of the line that the Rebs want him to be. Not to mention, he's 6'1 325 lbs...even the best OL have a hard time moving that.

Sunil
3 years ago

Is 5 wins the magic number to deem Kiffin's first year a success?

RebelWalkJake
3 years ago

In a normal 12-game season, I'd say the magic number would be 6 for Kiffin. Given the circumstances though, 5 is what I'd say. When you look at the schedule, the Rebs are currently slated to play 6 ranked opponents, including 5 that are currently in the top 10. To me, the win count this season is irrelevant. The sign of progress to me will be a fast, disciplined team that is able to play a full, competitive 60 minutes with anyone and everyone on the schedule.

Lynn611
3 years ago

Whose mullet are you supporting...Royce Newman or Chase Rogers?

RebelWalkJake
3 years ago

Let's be clear here, both are outstanding mullets. SEC caliber if you ask me...that being said though, I think Chase Rogers' facial hair + mullet gives him the edge. Tight race, but Chase just has a little bit more party in the back

OleMissEvie
3 years ago

🤣🤣

Mike
3 years ago

Question of the day here haha.

CoolReb
3 years ago

Which will give the Ole Miss defense the most difficulty - Florida’s run game or passing game?

RebelWalkJake
3 years ago

On offense, Florida is replacing their leading WR in Van Jefferson, along with leading rusher RB Lamical Perine. However, there are plenty of weapons behind them, with experience, in guys like TE Kyle Pitts, WR Trevon Grimes, WR Jacob Copeland, and WR Kadarius Toney. Likewise, the backfield is reloaded with RB Dameon Pierce and RB Lorenzo Lingard. Ole Miss didn’t replace many defensive starters which bodes well for improvement in 2020, however, I feel with the spotlight on Trask and the passing game, Mullen and the Gators will try to utilize Pierce and Lingard to test the interior of the Rebs defense, then base the passing game off of that. In game 1 of any season you’re going to have to work out kinks in the offense, which leads me to believe that we might get a smaller version of Mullen’s playbook for the majority of the day. That being said, I’m seeing the run game as a bigger challenge for the Rebels tomorrow!

OleMissEvie
3 years ago

Who do you think starts at QB for the Rebels against Florida? #HottyToddy #AllAboard #LFG

RebelWalkJake
3 years ago

Plumlee missed some time recently, including a scrimmage with what is thought to be a hamstring tweak. To me, that all but cements Corral as QB1 tomorrow morning. However, look for Plumlee to be in the mix constantly, whether that be at QB, WR, or somewhere else. His speed and playmaking ability is undeniable, and that's something that Kiffin simply cannot keep on the sidelines.