Logo for Texas Longhorns
Texas Longhorns

Posted By Systemssunil 3 years ago

Q&A with Mr. Data, Kyle Umlang

We are excited to have Texas superfan Kyle Umlang to answer any questions you may have. Check him out on Twitter at https://twitter.com/kyleumlang?s=09

To comment on Q&A with Mr. Data, Kyle Umlang you must Login. Not a member? Make your account now!

Latest Comments

Sunil
3 years ago

Is it safe to assume that all the pressure is on Herman this game given Oklahoma's record? He really has no excuse to not win this weekend

kyleumlang
3 years ago

nah. Rivalry games are really weird anyway, records aren't always good predictors of the outcomes. There's too much passion in those games that they are usually close regardless of ranks. 2014-2019 winners all won by a single score and some of those teams were vastly different in rankings/skill/experience. He will only be in trouble if we lose to Kansas

Mike
3 years ago

Are there any big name prospects that the Longhorns are still in the running for in the 2021 class?

kyleumlang
3 years ago

Not sure, I try and stay out of recruiting for the most part. Too much heartbreak over teenagers.

Jason
3 years ago

Sounds like my prom night.

Jason
3 years ago

On a scale of 1 to a lounge chair on the surface of the sun, how hot is Tom Herman’s seat?

kyleumlang
3 years ago

a 5. Not terrible. He has a bunch of these very close blunder-ish losses on his record, where if one crazy play that you can't plan for didn't happen he would not be the same boat he is now. Examples that come to mind are 2017 against ranked USC on the road where we fumbled it in double OT and a few games later where we threw a gimme pick in double OT to Oklahoma State. The TCU loss was his 11th loss by a score. 11!!! The best coaches don't always win by 5 scores, but they somehow find ways to win those close ones that can go either way and that I is his weakness I feel.

Jason
3 years ago

Interesting. To your point, the same thing could be said vs LSU last year. One stop and they had a shot at winning.

kyleumlang
3 years ago

also this on 4th and goal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3OZnUfeHXA

Sunil
3 years ago

What is your favorite memory from the Red River Shootout?

kyleumlang
3 years ago

It would have to be when Jordan Shipley ran a Kickoff back for a TD when Texas was down 14-3 in 2008. It totally changed the momentum of the game and put Texas right back in into. Texas ended up winning. It was the most hyped I'd been on a return TD ever

Sunil
3 years ago

Holy cow, I haven't heard that name is so long lol.

Jason
3 years ago

I had money on Oklahoma that game. The second he ran it back I was like uh oh.