If you follow my account on Twitter @NCAAFNation247, you know that I have a passion and love for College Football like no other. Something else that I have a passion for is Fantasy Football. I’ve been playing NFL Fantasy Football for 10 years and been highly successful. So when Yahoo announced it would have College Fantasy Football this season, I was ecstatic.
When playing Fantasy Sports, it’s always crucial to have a great draft. I’ve always said the Draft is 50% part of the reason you’ll win or lose. 25% is starting the right players and waiver wire moves and 25% is luck. But for the most part you’re in control of how your season goes. My rankings and information will be for Yahoo leagues which are just for Power 5 players.
Week 1 QB Rankings
- Khalil Tate – ARZ (vs BYU)
- Kyler Murray – OU (vs FAU)
- Dwayne Haskins – OSU (vs Oregon State)
- Justin Herbert – Oregon (vs BG)
- Brian Lewerke – MSU (vs Utah State)
- Trace McSorley – PSU (vs App St)
- Tua Tagovailoa – ALA (vs Louisville)
- Will Grier – WVU (vs Tennessee)
- Drew Lock – Missouri (vs UT Martin)
- Jordan Ta’amu – Ole Miss (vs TTU)
Love/Hate/Under the Radar
Love: Justin Herbert – Oregon vs Bowling Green. Herbert missed five games last season and the Ducks averaged just 15 points/game. However, in the seven games Herbert played, the Ducks averaged 52.1 points/game. Herbert is healthy for 2018 and looking to impress. He’s considered one of the Top QBs for the 2019 NFL Draft. I expect Oregon to score 50+ points and Herbert to rack up the fantasy points.
Hate: Malik Rosier – Miami (vs LSU). Rosier was inconsistent last year and threw way too many INTs. On top of that, LSU has the top man to man cover corner in the nation in Greedy Williams. Rosier has tons of weapons at receiver, but I’m sitting him for Week 1.
Under the Radar QBs: If you’re an owner of Rosier, here’s some Under the Radar QBs you could start in his place.
- Manny Wilkins – Arizona State (vs UTSA)
- TaQuon Marshall – GT (vs Alcorn State)
- Jake Bentley – SC (vs CCU)
Week 1 RB Rankings
- Jonathan Taylor – Wisconsin (vs WKU)
- J.K. Dobbins – Ohio State (vs Oregon St)
- Bryce Love – Stanford (vs SDSU)
- AJ Dillon – BC (vs UMass)
- Benny Snell – Kentucky (vs CMU)
- Miles Sanders – PSU (vs App St)
- Eno Benjamin – ASU (vs UTSA)
- D’Andre Swift – UGA (vs Austin Peay)
- Zack Moss- Utah (vs Weber State)
- Damien Harris – ALA (vs Louisville)
- Justice Hill – Ok St (vs Missouri State)
- David Montgomery – ISU (vs South Dakota State)
- Rodney Anderson – OU (vs FAU)
- LJ Scott – MSU (vs Utah State)
- Patrick Laird – CAL (vs UNC)
Other names I like for Week 1
- FSU RB Cam Akers (vs VT)
- Oregon RB Tony Brooks-James (vs BG)
- Duke RB Brittain Brown (vs Army)
- Minnesota RB Rodney Smith (vs NMSU)
- USC RB Stephen Carr (vs UNLV)
RB Notes: A lot of these RBs will go up against FCS teams in Week 1 or teams they’re expected to blow out. That can be a good thing, and could also mean the starters could sit the second half or not get a full workload. I always start my best players and hope they rack up the points before the game gets out of control.
RBs I Love for Week 1
Jonathan Taylor – (Wisconsin). The Badgers will be without their top 2 WRs, they have the best O-Line in CFB, and Taylor should have a field day.
Eno Benjamin – (Arizona State). Benjamin will benefit from a Herm Edwards coached team this season, as I expect he will want to establish the run and throw to the RBs more. Benjamin should get 125+ yards and 2 TDs vs UTSA. He’s also a player you want on your team this season (he will have a huge year).
RBs I hate for Week 1
- Any Louisville RBs vs Alabama
- Any Notre Dame RBs vs Michigan
- Myles Gaskin – Washington (vs Auburn)
Week 1 WR Rankings
- A.J. Brown – Ole Miss (vs TTU)
- N’Keal Harry – ASU (vs UTSA)
- Deebo Samuel SC (vs CCU)
- Stanley Morgan Jr – NEB (vs Akron)
- Denzel Mims – BU (vs Abilene Christian)
- David Sills V – WVU (vs Tennessee)
- Emanuel Hall – Missouri (vs UT Martin)
- Hakeem Butler – ISU (vs South Dakota St)
- Marquise Brown – OU (vs FAU)
- Greg Dortch – WF (vs Tulane)
- CeeDee Lamb – OU (vs FAU)
- Felton Davis III – MSU (vs Utah State)
- Tyler Vaughns – USC (vs UNLV)
- T.J. Vasher – TTU (vs Ole Miss)
- Dillon Mitchell – Oregon (vs BG)
WR Flex Options for Week 1
Steven Sims Jr – KU (vs Nicholls). Sims is a great player on a bad team. The Jayhawks will have their hands full with a really good FCS Squad in Nicholls. I could see Sims getting 10+ targets. He’s a good Flex option for Week 1.
T.J. Vasher – TTU (vs Ole Miss). Vasher is the only returning regular at WR for the Red Raiders. In a game vs Ole Miss that could be a shootout, I’d expect Vasher to rack up a nice amount of fantasy points.
WRs I hate for Week 1
- Ahmmon Richards – MIA (vs LSU)
- Kelvin Harmon – NCSU (vs JMU). The Dukes have two elite CBs who are future NFL players. The Wolfpack receivers will have their hands full.
- Whatever Penn State WR is guarded by Appalachian State CB Clifton Duck. It could be Johnson, Polk, or Thompkins. But whoever it is will have a tough time getting open.
TE Rankings for Week 1
- Albert Okwuegbunam – Missouri (vs UT Martin)
- Noah Fant – Iowa (vs NIU)
- Grant Calcaterra – OU (vs FAU)
- Tommy Sweeney – BC (vs UMass)
- Caleb Wilson – UCLA (vs Cincy)
- Ravian Pierce – Syracuse (vs WMU)
- Jared Pinkney – Vanderbilt (vs MTSU)
- Kaden Smith – Stanford (vs SDSU)
- Jacob Breeland – Oregon (vs BG)
- CJ Conrad – Kentucky (vs CMU)
Under the Radar TE to watch for
Brevin Jordan – Miami (vs LSU). Jordan is a True Freshman but he’s a big play threat and excellent athlete.
Defensive Rankings for Week 1
- Clemson (vs Furman)
- Wisconsin (vs WKU)
- Georgia (vs Austin Peay)
- Utah (vs Weber State)
- TCU (vs Southern)
- Florida (vs Charleston Southern)
- Mississippi State (vs Stephen F. Austin)
- USC (vs UNLV)
- Texas A&M (vs Northwestern State)
- Michigan State (vs Utah State)
- Oregon (vs Bowling Green)
- Alabama (vs Louisville)
- South Carolina (vs Coastal Carolina)
- Pitt (vs Albany)
- Kentucky (vs CMU)
Under the Radar Defense I like
- UVA (vs Richmond)