Logo for Kentucky Wildcats
Kentucky Wildcats

Posted By Wyatt Huff 3 years ago

A timeline from NCAA on the NIL Proposal, and NCAA Fall Sports vote news.

NCAA Board of Governors has released a timeline on the Name, Image, and Likeness that if passed would go in effect sometime in 2021. Here's the timeline for trying to get this rule passed: "Division I members must provide feedback by Aug. 28. The Legislative Solutions Group will finalize recommended legislative changes through the fall. The Division I Council will introduce legislation into the 2020-21 legislative cycle by Nov. 1, with a vote anticipated at the 2021 NCAA Convention in January." If your not familiar with the NIL Proposal, here are the rules if it's passed: Allowing student-athletes to use their name, image and likeness to promote camps and clinics, private lessons, their own products and services, and commercial products or services. Allowing student-athletes to be paid for their autographs and personal appearances. Ensuring that payments for name, image and likeness rights are not a disguised form of pay for play, particularly when made by boosters or others with connections to the institution. Also, this afternoon the NCAA Board of Directors is making the D1 Council vote on fall sports instead of them. "The Division I Board of Directors directed the Division I Council to provide recommendations for the future of Fall 2020 championships in Division I. The Council meets next week and will discuss the requirements set forth by the NCAA Board of Governors." Via the NCAA

To comment on A timeline from NCAA on the NIL Proposal, and NCAA Fall Sports vote news. you must Login. Not a member? Make your account now!

Latest Comments

No comments have been posted. Be the first!