Logo for LSU Tigers
LSU Tigers

Posted By Sunil 3 years ago

Live AMA with Tiger Bait's Preston Guy!

Starting at 8pm EST today, Preston Guy will be here to answer any questions about this week's LSU season opener or anything college football related.

To comment on Live AMA with Tiger Bait's Preston Guy! you must Login. Not a member? Make your account now!

Latest Comments

Sunil
3 years ago

Do you see any SEC team this year going undefeated? This schedule is brutal, but the limited fans makes some road games not as daunting imo.

PGuy77
3 years ago

No I don’t. With Bama playing LSU, UGA and UF I just don’t see them running the table.

Jason
3 years ago

Give me an x-factor guy. Someone who could make a couple of “hidden” plays throughout the season that could turn a game.

PGuy77
3 years ago

Racey McMath. He’ll be the 4th leading receiver behind Boutte, Gilbert and Marshall, but coaches really like him and he’s got big-play potential.

Sunil
3 years ago

Is there a chance Coach O goes back to a more traditional run style offense?

PGuy77
3 years ago

Not anything like what we saw before 2019. Scott Linehan might throw in a handful of power running plays, before for the most part the offense will look a lot like last year’s assuming LSU can get anything that resembles decent play out of the QB position.

Jason
3 years ago

What do you think about Brennan? Could he still have a Burrow-esque season, even without Brady?

PGuy77
3 years ago

The short answer is no. There’s only been one season like Burrow’s in the history of college football. Keep in mind that half of the production of Burrow would have been the best season in LSU history 12 months ago. Myles will be a good serviceable QB with NFL potential. Historically he hasn’t handled pressure very well and because of COVID we have no idea how much he’s improved in that department. I’m expecting he’ll be greatly improved after 4 years in the system, and getting to watch Burrow for two of those years. I could see him throwing 20+ TDs which is saying something considering it’s a shortened SEC-only season.

Jason
3 years ago

O/u is 7.5 What do you think?

PGuy77
3 years ago

Under. I’m going 7-3.

Jason
3 years ago

Who are the losses?

PGuy77
3 years ago

Florida, Alabama and Auburn.

PGuy77
3 years ago

But I wouldn’t be shocked if this team wins 9 or even 10. They have the talent to do it, I just haven’t seen it from them yet.

Mike
3 years ago

Also, which returning player do you see making the biggest jump from last year?

Mike
3 years ago

Or players**

PGuy77
3 years ago

There’s a returning player? All kidding aside, Myles Brennan is the obvious pick here. He’s got all the tools he needs to be successful and a very talented receiving corps. LSU’s new RB Coach Kevin Faulk is very high on Chris Curry. He’ll get the first snaps, but there is a talented stable of backs that may steal carries from him. Terrace Marshall is a name you may already know, but he’s now going from the 3rd to 1st wise out.

Jason
3 years ago

How big of a difference would JaMarr have made?

PGuy77
3 years ago

Huge. There’s no sugar coating it. He might have been the best player in the country. The silver lining is LSU does have plenty of elite weapons left like Terrace Marshall and Arik Gilbert. Let’s put it like this, before JaMar opted out I was debating 9-1 or 8-2. Now I’m at 7-3.

Mike
3 years ago

Any freshman that you see making an impact this year?

PGuy77
3 years ago

With 18/22 starters from the natty gone, there’s plenty of room for Freshmen. Arik Gilbert is an absolute monster at TE for LSU. He’s the highest rated TE in the history of the recruiting rankings. He could legitimately be LSU’s leading receiver - no joke. Elias Ricks will probably be the 3rd cornerback for LSU, and he is a ball hawk. Watch for him to make some plays. This is more of a late surprise, but the coaches are very high on WR Kayshon Boutte. With JaMar Chase opting out for the season, he’s now listed as a starter. BJ Ojulari is another guy who is poised to make an impact on the defensive line.

PGuy77
3 years ago

This is guaranteed to be a unique season! Ask me anything!

OneTeamOnePod
3 years ago

Who’s your prediction for 1st Team All SEC QB this year?

PGuy77
3 years ago

Kyle Trask will be the popular vote, but he’s lost a lot of receivers here recently, giving leaving this WIDE open. We always have or names but the reality is players tend to come out of nowhere for these things. I’m going with the patient veteran, KJ Costello in that Mike Leach offense.

Jason
3 years ago

The Egg Bowl between Leach and Kiffin will be must watch tv. 😂

PGuy77
3 years ago

Can we just watch a 4-hour podcast with Leach and Kiffin instead? I’d pay for that.