Logo for Ole Miss Rebels
Ole Miss Rebels

Posted By Sunil 3 years ago

Live AMA with The Rebel Walk's Jake Evans! Refresh for Updates

Starting at 8pm EST/ 7pm CST today, Jake Evans, senior writer at The Rebel Walk, will be here to answer any questions about this week's season opener or anything Ole Miss related.

To comment on Live AMA with The Rebel Walk's Jake Evans! Refresh for Updates you must Login. Not a member? Make your account now!

Latest Comments

LeighLeighReb
3 years ago

Good evening! Go Rebels!

Jimmy
3 years ago

Last question from me - give me a few people who might lead the Hotty Toddy cheer prior to game.....I will start - how about Lane himself!?

RebelWalkJake
3 years ago

Yall make sure to follow @TheRebelWalk on Twitter and Facebook, and go to www.TheRebelWalk.com to stay up to date with all of our Ole Miss coverage. I'll be in the press box for the Rebs game tomorrow, so check back for gameday content! Find me at @Jimmymann23 and also check out @OleMissEvie while you're at it!

Jimmy
3 years ago

How do we feel about Luke Logan this year? Has he fixed it?

RebelWalkJake
3 years ago

I sure hope so. Luke needs consistency, and that wasn't something he was able to find last year. Ideally, he never kicks from more than 18 yards, but sadly we aren't Clemson. Luke has a good leg, he's been the guy for two years now, and I think he can be the guy again this year.

Jason
3 years ago

Do you see any Reb getting drafted next year? Even if they leave early.

RebelWalkJake
3 years ago

I think we'll see Elijah Moore go fairly early. After him, it's hazy, but I'd look out for Sam Williams, Tariqious Tisdale, Keidron Smith, Jacquez Jones, and Jaylon Jones

Jimmy
3 years ago

Which WR’s will step up to help Moore at that position?

RebelWalkJake
3 years ago

Mingo is my guess as the guy they want the most help from this year. He was supposed to play a bigger role in last year's offense, but simply just didn't perform when the time came. He's gotten bigger, faster, and just has another year of SEC football under his belt. That being said though, Braylon Sanders has played valuable minutes for the Rebels in the past, and has been a very productive target. He's battled a hamstring injury for what seems like forever, so if he can stay healthy, he's another outstanding alternative. Gregory, Battle, and Drummond are all incredibly capable and will probably see meaningful time every week, but I expect the "breakout" guys to be Mingo and Sanders.

Jason
3 years ago

The Rebs win total is 4. Over or under?

RebelWalkJake
3 years ago

Although the schedule is incredibly tough, I'm taking over 4. The Rebs have 6 opponents on their schedule that are currently ranked, with 5 of them being in the top 10 currently. That doesn't bode well for a young team with a new coaching staff, BUT I think there's a way to 5. I see wins over Arkansas, Vanderbilt, and State *for sure* (very scary to ever write that with Ole Miss). The South Carolina game is going to very intriguing...very well could be a win. I think the Rebs get that 5th win with an upset though...Kentucky or Auburn would be my guess. If the Rebs can beat the Cats or Tigers, 5-5 is what I'm seeing.

Sunil
3 years ago

Score prediction for Saturday's Florida game?

RebelWalkJake
3 years ago

Florida 34 Ole Miss 23 Florida's offense is returning a lot of firepower and added some more too. I expect Ole Miss to stay close for a while with some explosive offense, but when it's all said and done, I think Florida is just too good for the Rebels.

Jason
3 years ago

So you’re saying all in on Rebs +14.5?

RebelWalkJake
3 years ago

I think Ole Miss will surprise a lot of people this week though. There's a ton of young players on this team, so I think we'll see problems in various areas on both sides of the ball, but nothing that is insurmountable. I think Ole Miss will hit it's stride somewhere around week 4 after the epic Saban/Kiffin game.

RebelWalkJake
3 years ago

I've already hammered +14.5! Bet the house! The car! The kids! It's a lock.

OleMissEvie
3 years ago

Yes. 🔥